Kaatiman: Short Stories - Introduction [English]

INTRODUCTION


In the many Islands of the Philippines, the folk often tell stories of shadowy figures who dwell in ancient trees, witches who shapeshift into beasts, and monsters creatures that lurk in the dark that do not belong in this world.


Some of us believe them, and some of us brush these stories off as myths. But what if they were right? What if there were creatures that actually didn’t belong to this world? What if they belonged to a world completely of their own? And if they did, how do they get here?


Kaatiman is a non-chronological collection of short stories that follow the Kaatiman, a secret society of gatekeepers who can travel between worlds as they explore the wonders that await in the Magic world and snuff out the terrors that threaten the Mundane world, and strive to keep the balance.


These short stories are an auxiliary part of a linear story set in a universe that I had created in 2013 when I was working as a costume designer for a local TV station. I had actually originally written the main story as a screenplay which I had planned to pitch as a live-action series, and I now hope to write it as a novel and/or a graphic novel.


View them here:

I. Affliction

II. Mercy

III. Lost

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kaatiman by Cheto See - Index

Bathala and Alanón, an Excerpt [ENGLISH]